Kyoto Prefectural University ushers in its 116th academic year in 2011. Its precursors include Kyoto Prefectural Agricultural School, which was founded in 1895 and later re-organized as Kyoto Prefectural College of Agriculture and Forestry, and the Kyoto Prefectural Woman’s Vocational School founded in 1927. Under the school education act of 1949, a new university was established based on the integration of these institutions. The Kyoto Prefectural Public University Corporation was established April 1, 2008, and the university now consists of three faculties: the Faculty of Letters, the Faculty of Public Policy and the Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences; and three graduate schools: the Graduate School of Letters, the Graduate School of Public Policy and the Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences.
[ Top of page ]
Copyright (C) Kyoto Prefectural University All Rights Reserved.
Kyoto Prefectural University 1-5 Hangi-cho, Shimogamo, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8522 Japan